DETROIT, March 3, 2022: The Detroit Institute of Arts has announced the 26 communities participating in the 2022 Inside|Out program. Returning for its twelfth season, this year’s locations include metroparks, community colleges in addition to numerous cities throughout Wayne, Oakland and Macomb counties.
Inside|Out brings high-quality reproductions of masterpieces from the DIA’s collection to outdoor venues throughout metro Detroit. Through this program, the DIA has partnered with more than 100 communities across the region as well as special installations on Mackinac Island and in Michigan’s upper peninsula.
The reproductions will be installed in each community in May and be on view through early November. Each community will display four to 10 reproductions.
The 2022 Communities are as follows:
- Canton Township
- Greektown, Detroit
- Lincoln Park
- River Rouge
- Rouge Park, Detroit
- Osborn Neighborhood Alliance, Detroit
- Wayne County Community College District
- Willow Metropark in New Boston
- Center Line
- New Baltimore
- Freedom Hill County Park in Sterling Heights
- Macomb Community College (South, Center, and East)
- Wolcott Mill Metropark in Ray Township
- Farmington and Farmington Hills
- West Bloomfield
- Oakland Community College
- Oakland County Parks
- Indian Springs Metropark in White Lake
Exact locations for each piece of art within each community are still being determined and when finalized will be featured on interactive maps posted on the DIA’s website at dia.org/insideout.
Programs are made possible with support from residents of Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne