Sofia Quintero Art & Cultural Center invites you to celebrate Día de los Muertos with after hours events on November 2, 3, and 4, 2022. Enjoy food, drinks, las ofrendas, train town, and shopping.
Proceeds from this event go towards funding future programs and events.
As part of our annual Dia de los Muertos / Day of the Dead celebration we open the doors of the Jose Martinez Memorial Art Galeria and ask for community members to create and display personal ofrendas / altars. The Ofrendas/Altars serve as a memorial to celebrate the lives of family members who have passed away and welcome back their spirits as they visit. Ofrendas/Altars display favorite foods & drinks, pictures, hobbies, and personal items of those being remembered.
Setting up an Altar/Ofrenda
You still have time to register to set up an altar for your family and loved ones. This year we have space for 20 altars. Don’t wait, submit your registration at https://sqacc.org.
- Altar displays can be no greater than 4 ft. length x 4 ft. wide x 8 ft. height
- No open flames. Lights must be battery powered or electrical.
- Participants must provide their own extension cords.
- SQACC is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- We do have limited altar tables that you can use to set up your display. Please bring a tablecloth or some kind of decorative blanket to cover.
- SET UP – Participants must make an appointment (between Sunday, Oct 16 and Saturday, October 22) to set up their altar
- All altars need to be completed by Sunday, October 23, 2022
- TEAR DOWN – Is required to be completed between Monday, November 28 through Friday, December 2, 2022
The general public and school groups are welcome to visit the altars by appointment during November 2022