Toledo: The Ohio Department of Development and Pathway Inc. want to remind Ohioans that assistance is available to help with their home energy bills. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps Ohioans at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines pay their heating bills. Ohioans who are threatened with disconnection, have been disconnected from their utility service, transferring services, establishing new services, at or below 25% fuel, may also be eligible for the HEAP Winter Crisis Program (WCP), which started on November 1, 2022.
Lucas County households can visit energyhelp.ohio.gov to apply online, download a copy of the application, or find contact information for a local Energy Assistance Provider. Individuals will need to have copies of the following documents to include with their application:
- Most recent utility bills
- A list of all household members (including birth dates and Social Security numbers)
- Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members (12 months for certain income types)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
Pathway offers WCP services at:
Pathway, Inc. Office at 505 Hamilton Street, Toledo OH 43604.
All Appointment Methods will be conducted via phone interview.
- Schedule an appointment using the 24/7 automated phone line.
- Schedule a same-day appointment – Wednesdays and Thursdays
HEAP benefits are applied to an individual’s energy bill after January 1st. If you need immediate assistance with your energy bills, please contact Pathway Inc. A list of providers can be found at energyhelp.ohio.gov.
Applications for the HEAP Winter Crisis program must be received by March 31, 2023. The last day to apply for the regular HEAP benefit is May 31, 2023. For more information on the programs, visit energyhelp.ohio.gov or call Pathway Inc.
In an effort to accommodate working households, we will be offering Super Tuesday walk-in event on March 7, 2023 at the Pathway office between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. A maximum of 100 customers will be served at this event.